Adjustment Disorders are states of subjective distress and emotional disturbance, usually interfering with social functioning and performance, and arising in the period of adaptation to significant life change or to the consequences of a stressful life event.
- Depressed mood, Anxiety or both
- A feeling of inability to cope , plan ahead , or continue in the present situation
- Some disability in the performance of daily routine
The onset is usually within one month of the stressful event and the duration of symptoms doesn’t usually exceed six months. In some situations a prolonged depressive reaction may occur.
- Counselling / Supportive Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Anti-Depressants/ Anti-Anxiety medications