Including Depressive Episode and Recurrent Depressive Disorder
Could be mild, moderate or severe and characterised by:
- Depressed mood.
- Loss of interest and enjoyment.
- Reduced energy.
- Marked tiredness.
- Reduced concentration.
- Reduced self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Ideas of guilt and unworthiness.
- Bleak and pessimistic view of the future.
- Ideas or acts of self-harm or suicide.
- Disturbed sleep.
- Reduced appetite.
- Antidepressant medications.
- Psychotherapy, example CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- Regular exercise and keeping a good balance between work and leisure