Characterised by recurrent attacks of Severe Anxiety (Panic) which are not restricted to any particular situations or set of circumstances, and are therefore unpredictable.
Panic Disorder Symptoms Include:
- Sudden onset of palpitations.
- Chest pains.
- Choking sensation.
- Feeling of unreality.
- Fear of dying, losing control or going “mad”.
A panic attack is often followed by a persistent fear of having another attack.
- Counselling/Supportive Therapy.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Relaxation/Deep Breathing Exercises.
- SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors).