Adult ADHD is a life-long condition that starts in childhood.
Symptoms of Attention/Deficit
- Often failing to give close attention to detail or make careless mistakes in work or other activities.
- Difficulty in sustaining attention on tasks.
- Often failing to follow through on instructions.
- Often failing to finish jobs or fail to meet obligations at work.
- Difficulty in organising tasks and activities.
- Often avoiding tasks which require sustained mental effort.
- Often easily distracted by external stimuli.
- Often forgetful during daily activities.
Symptoms of Hyperactivity/Impulsivity
- Being restless or fidgety.
- Inability to sit for a sustained period of time for example, attending lectures.
- Being loud and finding it difficult doing activities quietly.
- Often on the go or acting as if “driven by a motor”.
- Often talking excessively.
- Often finding it difficult to await their turn.
- Avoidance of certain food and stimulant drinks.
- Use of stimulant medications like Methylphenidate, etc.